6th Annual Agriculture to Nutrition Scientific Symposium
We are pleased to announce the next Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Nutrition Scientific Symposium: ‘Food, Diets & Nutrition: 25 Years of Progress for Nepal’ will be held on November 27-29, 2018 at hotel Yak and Yeti, Kathmandu. This annual knowledge sharing event has gained tremendous momentum over the years and has allowed for the sharing of findings from agriculture – nutrition research conducted in or relevant to Nepal. A diverse audience of academia, policy makers, program implementers and students provide for an enriching and stimulating environment for those eager to learn and translate research into policy and practice.
This year we are excited to announce the Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Nutrition will partner with GON and UNICEF to host the 6th Annual Scientific Symposium on Agriculture - Nutrition pathways & 25 Years of Nepal's Progress on Nutrition. The event, funded by USAID and EU, will be co-hosted by Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Tufts Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, UNICEF – Nepal, Government of Nepal, Tribhuvan University’s Institute of Medicine (IOM) Community Medicine & Public Health Department, Nepal Agricultural Research Council (NARC) and the Nepali Technical Advisory Group (NTAG).
This year, the event will feature:
- Abstract driven sessions on the agriculture to nutrition pathway
- Oral and poster presentations
- Policy panels featuring reflections on 25 years of nutrition progress, achievements and challenges in Nepal
- Student workshops
Call for Abstracts
We invite abstracts on the following themes for this year’s event:
- Food systems and the food policy environment
- Novel technologies in agriculture, food safety, and nutrition
- Linkages: diet, nutrition and health
- Social equity, gender and access to food
- Evaluations of agricultural and nutrition interventions
- Novel methodological approaches to understand agriculture – nutrition linkages